BusinessWeek just ran a piece discussing the most affordable Global Real Estate. Given the run-up here in Southern Oregon, even after the crash, I say, lets take a look at their Top 10...Then I'll make pithy comments :)
- Bogata, Columbia (Shown Above)
- Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
- Charlottetown PEI, Canada
- Granada, Nicaragua
- Panama City, Panama
- St. John's Newfoundland, Canada
- Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
- Manama-Muharraq, Bahrain
- Aruba, Aruba
- Suzhou, China
I expected China and Columbia on the list. As nice as they are not the first place to move that pops into my head of somewhere I want to move to (at least those two cities), but maybe I just underestimate them. I also see two cities on the list that we "liberated" so maybe the Army made BW put them on the list....We'll know for sure next year in Baghdad is on the list.
Here are mine that are probably real affordable right now:
- Baghdad, Iraq - Sure no power, but nicer then it was...a couple months ago
- Three-Mile Island, Middletown, Pennsylvania - Lots of land available
- Atlantis, Atlantic Ocean - A Little damp, but awesome technology
- Santa's Villiage, North Pole - Hurry it is melting...
- Chernobyl, Russia - Buy the whole city cheap
Given the choices (although Aruba sounds nice) I guess I'll stay here for now. Money no object, man of leasure time? I am off to somewhere in the Caribbean, and if I get sick for a white christmas, I'll visit :) Given that Santa's workshop is gone be underwater soon, I'll keep a room for St Nick ready too!
How about you? Money no object, where would you live?