Sponsored Links

Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Best Week Ever - Begins



Another Week has come and past and I am the biggest fool at last!

OK not really, but I have been running around so much lately that i haven't really had time to spend with the kids. Well this weekend we are doing a bit more. Easy to forget that they grow up sooo fast!

We went to see Batman yesterday and today, the fair (all budgeted and saved for BTW!). The kids are excited since we really didn't get to have a real vacation this year. We all really enjoyed the movie, but a warning that it is dark. Other then the guy dressed up like a bat, it could have been a Scorsese crime drama. Really good. Joker steals the movie big time, making Heath's death all the sadder, this movie would have taken his career to the next level.

On to happier things, the Best of my Favorite Blogs:

  1. Cath L - I nearly stopped here...Every once in a while she does these Uber post that are just amazing. It will take all week to read, but you'll gain really neat insight...I have 3-4 new must read blogs from it!
  2. Get Rich Slowly - This is one of the Top Personal Finance Blogs out there as evidenced by this great post on Investing. Given that I get less than 1% of their traffic, I am sure my recommendation will be the final straw that pushes them over the top for success!
  3. Simplicity In Kansas - This blog is always amazing and reminds us all how much we could be doing! This is a short/sweet post that made me laugh :)

Our Top Post this week was due to a challenge by Mrs Micah:

A couple milestones passed earlier that I failed to call out but there are pretty darn impressive to me, as, like I have said, I am always appreciative that anyone comes here to read this blog:

  • Over 225 Posts!
  • Over 14,000 Visitors! Wow!

Thanks again for all the support and I look forward to the next 14,000!

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Racer - Thank you very much for choosing me together with those two brilliant blogs.

I'm glad you enjoyed Batman - I can't wait to see it. It's alays been one of my favourites. But the movies are so much darker than the TV show used to be.

Sharon said...

My daughter saw Batman last night...she said it was pretty creepy...not how I remember Batman...WHAM! BAM! etc....

Hope you had a great time with your family!!

Noel Larson said...

Hi Cath! - THREE Brilliant Blogs (Don't leave yourself out!)

Sharon/Cath - The movie is pretty dark. However, this is actually how the characters where originally written. It was basically a detective Noir. No special powers, just money.

They lightened in up in the 1960's to get a wider audience, and they camped it up. Then there were the horible Joel S Batman movies (the last two)...HORRIBLE!

Sponsored Links

Great Deals