Sponsored Links

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Better, Stronger, Faster...



OK I have to give up...For the last two weeks I have done everything I could (within financial reason) to fix my data that was lost with the computer crash. I saved most everything except...my Microsoft Money File...


I have a back up of mid-January, and I had been doing the autoback up, but to the desk top...doh!


So I have to rebuild nearly three months worth of data...Luckily have have been doing double entry with the checks so all written checks are backed up...with paper (which never crashes BTW).


So this weekend I have make like Dr. Rudy and take something broken and mangled beyond recognition and rebuild it: Better Stronger, Faster.


Goofy segway, but The Six Million Dollar Man was a favorite show growing up. Had all of the toys including Maskatron! What's the real Colonel (Austin NOT Sanders) have to do with Personal Finance?...We'll: It is at least a great way to examine inflation. I don't think the Government can buy a toilet seat for under $6M now :)


The other lesson is that no matter how mangled, you can rebuild it...it just take a plan...That my weekend :(

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

*hugs* Good luck!

Noel Larson said...

Thanks Mrs M! It will be messy at best.

Heidi at BankerGirl said...

Wow - I can't imagine having to rebuild like that. I think I'm going to back up all of my excel files to an external hard drive right now.

Best of luck!

Noel Larson said...

Learn from me Heidi! Seperate drives! :)

Sponsored Links

Great Deals